Crowd management in transport infrastructures
Companeer is currently developing customized crowd management plans for approximately 70 train stations in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), actively enhancing safety and efficiency in the growing public transportation network.
The Golden Horseshoe region, surrounding Lake Ontario, experiences the most rapid growth in all of North America. Consequently, the demand for public transportation continues to increase, with a long-term goal of annually accommodating over 200 million rail passengers.
To ensure effective crowd management and optimal support for public transportation in the region, Companeer is actively crafting tailored strategies, delivering the following services:
- Analyzing existing infrastructure and passenger flow to identify bottlenecks and develop efficient solutions for guiding and managing crowds.
- Designing customized crowd management plans for each individual station, incorporating strategies for controlling capacity, directing the flow of passengers, and facilitating effective communication.
- Integrating cutting-edge technologies and real-time passenger monitoring systems to proactively respond to heightened demand or unforeseen circumstances.
- Implementing personnel training programs focused on effective crowd management, equipping staff with the necessary knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently handle large crowds.
- Addressing the needs of individuals with limited mobility to ensure barrier-free access and provide all passengers with a comfortable travel experience.
- Continuously reviewing and adapting crowd management plans based on passenger feedback and on-site experiences, fostering ongoing improvement and refinement.
We take pride in our contribution to promoting sustainable public transportation in the Greater Toronto Area, substantially improving mobility for residents and visitors alike, and ensuring seamless operations at train stations.
Photo: Full train after a football match at Toronto’s BMO Field, source: Companeer GmbH.